They are very yummy and very very morish! Luckily I made mini-muffins so if I *happen* to eat 3 or 4 while typing away at the computer it's ok! Making mini-muffins is great for the boys because I know they'll eat a whole muffin, instead of just picking at it in bits and pieces. They also take next to no time to defrost from the freezer! Great for sticking in lunchboxes for trips out and about or when friends drop by!
Next time I'll use some orange zest and just orange juice instead of the milk and see how that goes. I would have done that today except I'd already given Elliot the leftover orange juice to drink!
2 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
5 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup mixture of poppy and chia seeds
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup natural yoghurt
3 tbls orange juice
8 tbls milk
1. Mix flour, baking powder, seeds and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together eggs, yoghurt, milk and juice in a separate jug.
3. Add wet ingredient to dry and mix just enough to combine, it should be lumpy.
4. Divide mixture among greased muffin hole tray (I used 2 x 24 mini muffin trays)
5. Bake for 10-15 mintues in preheated 180 C oven or until muffins come away from sides of tin.
In the original recipe they were to be iced with a cream cheese icing, but I didn't bother and they were lovely!