Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Creative Space

One of our little friends turned two this week so I thought I'd make him a little something for his birthday. I needed it to be quick and simple as I am very much a beginner sewer! After a bit of googling I found this tutorial for a magnetic fishing game.

I made 3 spotty fish and 3 stripey fish for each game set.

Love some pinking shears!

Family crafting time
The boys just had to give it a test run!
With a quick drawstring bag and a handmade card we had a simple, fun birthday gift!

It was very quick and easy, so easy I got a bit carried away and made a set of fish for Archie for his upcoming birthday!

For more creations head over to Kootoyoo!

12 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea Vic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great = Indoors fishing!! AND I want pinking shears, I've been searching for them online, where did you get yours from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome. What a great idea. I'm totally filling this away for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that fishing game is great! I will have to keep this in mind for my nephews! it's something they play together when the youngest is a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I love handmade gifts - and ones that are easy too (Not enought time with two littles around ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rie, I just got them from Lincraft, about $20 I think?
    Thanks for visiting guys! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, mine are past this but it is an excellent game for little folk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Thanks for the link - I'll definitely be giving this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome gift! I'm sure your little friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - they are way more spectacular than the old cardboard with a paper clip ones I used to make for my kids! Great idea and awesome to give a handcrafted gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Did you put a magnet or something inside?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, there is a little magnet at the mouth end and then Matt tied a washer onto the end of the fishing line. It works a treat!

    ReplyDelete