Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Creative Space

I had a great post organised about my latest project but due to my procrastination in getting it to the Post Office I'm saving it for next week. It is a birthday present for a friend's daughter who celebrated her 6th birthday last week (I know, I know, late as usual!) and I don't want to give the surprise away by putting pics up here before she gets it! I posted it yesterday so hopefully it'll arrive soon!



The sewing bug has really hit and I just can't stop thinking about the next project! I'm currently working on another gift for a friend's 4th birthday. Very unoriginally, it is the same as Mia's but still ever so lovely. But as I sew, watch tele, make dinner, or drive, or anytime really I can't stop thinking about what to make next and how to do it.

There seems to be a boy epidemic around at the moment with 2 friends in town having boys in the past couple of weeks, us due with another boy in June and then another lot of friends due to have their first boy in July. I found this fabric during a 50% off sale with no idea what I was going to do with it but now I'm thinking bibs with a flannel backing. Or maybe an adorable floppy hat. Ok, maybe I'm still not sure but I am sure I couldn't leave it in the shop!

While at the op-shop yesterday I found these two pieces of fabric which I'm thinking I'll turn into shorts for the boys. At only 50c each they were too much of a bargain to leave at the shop too.

Oh my, I wonder if Matt knew what he was unleashing when he gave me Freida for my birthday last year!!!

More creative spaces here!

5 comments:

  1. LOL I love it! I love finding boy fabrics - there are so few, compared to the thousands of gorgeous girly ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bibs does sound like a good idea and how different to give someone a home made bib! What wonderful ideas you have, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorah for Freeda, baby boys and inspiration! I love that material too :D! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that elephant fabric - it's so adorable and such a great boy print. Bibs will look so cute in this fabric too.

    ReplyDelete