- It definitely needs the salt, don't be scared to add it!
- I'd add some more spices, cumin for instance.
- I'd use the specified brown lentils. I couldn't find brown and already had red so I just used them. The result was more porridge-y than pilaf-y, but still yummy.
- I'd add more vegies to the Megadarra itself, spinach would be great.
- My friend Emma who blogs here has also made it since we had it for dinner and she omitted the rice completely and said it was delish! She also added a bouqet garni and spinach.
Fried rice with chicken drumsticks
Pork sausages, steamed veg and mashed sweet potato
Vegie quiche and salad
Chicken Donburri - Random Recipe from The Thrifty Kitchen, p81**
Italian lentils with cous cous
** If I can find all the ingredients. It is a Japanese dish that calls for dashi stock, made from dashi powder yet our two grocery stores and Asian grocer in town don't stock dashi powder. I'm going to have to see if I can get it online or have a friend in the big smoke send me some in the mail! If I can't get it in time for Thursday's dinner it'll definitely be on the list another week, it looks divine!