Monday, May 31, 2010

Thankyou craft

We had a bit of a rainy weekend so there were lots of indoor activities, cutting, pasting, painting, playdough etc. As a result we have lots of wonderful artworks lying around the house, taking up valuable dining table and kitchen bench space.

I thought we'd get into gear and turn some of these paintings into thankyou cards for all the wonderful gifts Elliot received for his 3rd birthday recently. If I don't do it now I never will!


I cut out postcard rectangles from plain white cardboard and then cut slightly smaller rectangles from the paintings. Elliot then glued the painting pieces onto the postcard pieces and I wrote on the back. I asked him what he would like to say to people and some of the responses are priceless. My favourites were "I had a Toby cake", "My very own whisker!" and "Nan and Pop came up for my birthday lunch". I think he kind of got the gist and I filled in the rest with the usual sentiments.

El was getting creative with the offcuts while I wrote on the cards. This is a giant L, and he later turned it into a road for his cars.

It was a cheap and fun activity and we produced something useful at the end of it too! Love a win-win activity!

So now off to the Post Office we go!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a win win- creative fun and brightening someone's day! xo m.

    ReplyDelete